This three-day CPD-accredited Masterclass provides a comprehensive overview of tinnitus and hyperacusis and strategies for assessing managing these conditions in adults and children.
- Day 1: The 3 day course starts with a research update on the current understanding of the mechanisms of tinnitus and hyperacusis.
- Day 2: Then we address the different approaches for the assessment and management of these symptoms in adults, covering counselling, cognitive behavioural therapy, mindfulness meditation and acoustic stimulation strategies in lectures and workshops.
- Day 3: The third day has a paediatric focus: the available strategies for management of tinnitus and hyperacusis in children, and how these need to be adapted to the special needs of children, covered in lectures and case studies.
You can attend for one, two or three days and will have an opportunity to network with a range of professionals from different backgrounds.
Topics will include:
- Research update about tinnitus and hyperacusis.
- Lectures and workshops on assessment and current management strategies in adults and children (counselling, CBT, mindfulness meditation, acoustic stimulation strategies)
- The lectures and workshops in the course will be given by experts from the Ear Institute and the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, and by specially invited guest speakers.
Dates: 21 January – 23 January 2020
Course Organisers: Dr Roland Schaette and Dr Lucy Handscomb
Further information and booking at: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/ear/study/cpd-courses/coursepages/aamc-tinnitusandhyperacusis