Clinical Specialist (Hearing Implants)
National and International, United Kingdom
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Clinical Specialist (Hearing Implants)
The Role and the Person
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic clinically experienced individual to focus on providing the highest level of technical support and clinical excellence to clinicians, surgeons and patients using MED-EL systems in a variety of settings. You will develop and nurture relationships with multi-disciplinary teams, both internally and externally enabling the company to build on its outstanding reputation, providing an efficient and accurate clinical support service, removing clinical objections to MED-EL products and providing education and training on existing and future products.
We seek an effective communicator, who can self-manage but also work in a team environment. The ability to rapidly grasp technical concepts and explain them to persons with a variety of knowledge levels is essential.
MED−EL is proud to change the lives of people with hearing loss, as the global innovation leader in hearing loss solutions. Over 40 years of research, development, and dedication at MED-EL has created pioneering hearing implants and solutions for children and adults in over 130 countries worldwide, to more than 200,000 individuals in more than 4370 clinics. With more than 2300 employees across our worldwide team, our global Headquarters are in Innsbruck, Austria where our hearing implants are manufactured.
Our Employee Surveys prove we are a ’Great Place to Work’ with excellent engagement, support, commitment, motivation, sense of purpose and passion. With our focuses including inclusivity, respect and a culture of continuous quality and personal improvement, our engagement results are increasing year on year and we are are proud to employ dedicated and passionate people.
- Full time – core hours Monday to Friday with some evening and weekend working to be expected
- Field role, working from home with extensive UK travel including some overnight stays, National & International travel
- Based within the Clinical team, reporting to the Clinical Services Manager
- Health professional background in the field of Audiology (Cochlear Implant or Bone Conduction considered)
- Ability to demonstrate a range of current clinical skills and experience in an NHS (or comparable) clinical setting, including an advanced knowledge of hearing aid and/or implantable hearing devices.
- Graduate level qualification
- UK Registration (or eligibility for immediate registration) via RCCP, HCPC (Clinical Scientist), or a similar professional body
- Holder of current right to work in the UK status
- Theatre /surgical experience
- Technical aptitude (ability to translate complex surgical, clinical & technical information in a variety of formats)
- Provision of clinical support in person to clinics using MED-EL systems including technical device assessment, verification of internal device function and appropriate reporting procedures.
- Supporting non-standard cases, i.e candidacy, internal device selection, complex needs.
- Mapping / Fitting including non-routine and complex cases.
- Electro-physiological ('objective') measures.
- Intra-operative support and measurements.
- Liaising with various clinical and voluntary sector professionals to identify their needs in supporting recipients and candidates, and how MED-EL can best support them.
- Provision of training for new clinic staff / new products
- Attendance and contributions to MED-EL workshops / conferences / training meetings.
- Preparation of clinical content for publications eg leaflets, guidance documents.
- Maintenance of appropriate reporting systems including audit and activity data.
- Provision of Clinical Support; second line telephone / email support and advice to all professionals, recipients and / or their families with MED-EL systems and prospective candidates.
- Involvement in service delivery and monitoring; initiate development, identify and promote clinical excellence and support change.
- Representation of MED-EL at regional / national / international meetings; provision of technical / promotional information and research information.
Excellent benefits package including:
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 6% Company Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Policy
- Subsidised Gym membership
MED-EL UK value applications from candidates who meet our values of Ethical, Supportive & Caring, Dedicated & Committed, Technical & Scientific and Candidate & Recipient Focussed.
Our ambition is to work together as a diverse team to promote a more inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity. We welcome unique contributions and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of the basis of disability, age, race, colour, sex, national origin, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity and/or expression, or any other protected class.
If you are interested in this role please email your CV and a covering letter to Lynne Bell; Central Services Manager, Lynne.Bell@medel.com. Informal enquiries are welcome to Ben Meredith, Clinical Services Manager, Ben.Meredith@medel.com.
Closing date 5th January 2024