University of Southampton Auditory Implant Service Clinical Placements
The University of Southampton Auditory Implant Service (USAIS) offer Clinical Placements for audiologists to work as part of our dynamic multi-disciplinary team, while acquiring clinical skills.
The placements are 12 weeks long. The trainee is assigned to a mentor and the training includes:
• Assessment for cochlear implantation
• Tuning and activation of Cochlear devices (both paediatric and adult)
• Desk side training for those with an Audiology background in the devices of Cochlear, Advanced Bionics and MED-EL. One primary device is selected, alongside a secondary one.
• Opportunities to observe other members of the cochlear implant team
• Rehabilitation following implantation
• Team decision making about potential candidates
• Access to USAIS protocols and procedures
• Observation of clinical workshops for patients and team meetings
Find out more and apply at http://ais.southampton.ac.uk/clinical-placements/